Carpenter Ants Extermination Services
Legacy Pest Control provides an effective and affordable solution to Carpenter Ant infestation for our commercial and residential pest control customers. We use highly effective natural, environmentally friendly, child-safe, pet-safe pest control products.
Carpenter Ants Pest Control in Utah
Our Utah pest control experts are here to take your call 24 hours per day 7 days per week for emergency response, to offer guidance, or to schedule service. Legacy provides single- or multiple-treatment solutions and routine pest control services.
Call Legacy Pest Control at 801-779-3131 to schedule service, or use our service request here on our website.Request FREE Ant Pest Inspection
Carpenter Ant Identification and Pest Control Facts
Carpenter Ants are of the Formicidae family, of the Hymenoptera order, which also includes bees and wasps. Carpenter Ants are typically brown or black but may be a combination of those colors. They are the largest ants in North America. They normally live in forest environments but may live indoors. They thrive in moist habitats with hollow or decaying wood.
- Entry: Through cracks and crevices around doors, windows, or utility line entries
- Problem type: Weakening building structures by digging into wood supports for nesting
- Preferred diet: Smaller insects, plants
- Value: Carpenter Ants help control insects that destroy plants but can damage homes.
- DIY Carpenter Ant Control Measures: Borax, vinegar, or other DIY methods are not usually fully effective. A professional Carpenter Ants exterminator is typically needed to eliminate these infestations.
Frequently Asked Questions About Carpenter Ants
- Keep vegetation cut back away from the exterior of the home.
- Seal cracks, crevices, and holes along windows, door frames, and utility line entries.
- Remove any rotting wood from the area.
- Store firewood above the ground level.
- Use a non-toxic insecticide to create an insect barrier around your house.
- Have a professional Utah pest control service treat your property for Carpenter Ants.
How Long Does it Take to Get Rid of Carpenter Ants?
It’s important to use a slow-acting bait/pesticide to exterminate Carpenter Ants. If the worker ants die during their return trip to the nest, the colony of ants in the nest won’t be killed by the insecticide. Expect the appropriate professional product to take around three days to eliminate an infestation.
For Help with Pest Control for Carpenter Ant Utah
For more information about how to eliminate Carpenter Ants or for a pest control service appointment, call Legacy Pest Control or use our online service request.