Bed Bug Pest Control & Extermination Services
Legacy Pest Control exterminators use an integrated bed bug pest control approach of chemical and heat measures to effectively rid your Utah home of bed bug infestations. You can reduce the chance of a bed bug infestation by catching the problem early on.
Bed Bugs are flat, oval insects that are reddish-brown in color. Bed bugs have a distinctly sweet (yet unpleasant) smell and may leave fecal smears in mattresses, sheets, or nearby furnishings. Bed Bugs “bite” and feed strictly on warm-blooded animals such as humans, cats, and dogs. Their thin, flat shape allows bed bugs to hide in unusual places such as cracks and crevices in the flooring, in headboards, under carpets, behind loose wallpaper, and even in cracks near your bed or in the sheets. This makes bed bugs extremely difficult to detect and treat, but not impossible for a skilled exterminator.
Are Bed Bugs Dangerous to Humans?
Bed bugs have been a nuisance to humans for centuries, and their presence can be unpleasant and uncomfortable. While they do not transmit diseases directly, bed bugs can pose some danger to humans.
Bed bugs feed on human blood and can cause itchy and painful bites. In some instances, these bites can lead to an allergic reaction, resulting in swelling and difficulty breathing. In rare cases, bed bugs have been known to cause anemia in individuals who are repeatedly bitten.
While bed bugs do not pose severe health risks, their presence can be distressing and lead to physical discomfort and mental distress. Take proactive steps to prevent bed bugs from infesting a space by regularly washing bedding and vacuuming carpets and furniture.
Professional Bed Bug Extermination
Legacy Pest Control professionals are highly trained to identify signs of bed bugs. Exterminators will look for dead bed bugs, skins cast off bed bugs, fecal smears, and tiny cream colored eggs that are usually found in dark crevices. Our bed bug pest control Ogden Utah exterminators will carefully examine your whole house, usually starting in the bedroom, and paying close attention to furniture, rugs, and linens. Legacy Pest Control exterminators are equipped with tools and equipment to check cracks and crevices bed bugs may be hiding in. Severe cases of bed bugs may require multiple treatments to the entire home to get rid of bed bugs permanently. Legacy Pest Control offers maintenance plans at reduced prices to return to monitor and re-treat your home.
bed bug pest control Ogden
Pest Control Bed Bugs
An important aspect of getting rid of bed bugs is understanding how they behave. Here are some things you should know about bed bug pest control:
- Entry: Bed Bugs are skilled hitchhikers and you can bring them into your home in your personal belongings or even on your clothing.
- Diet: Bed bugs only feed on the blood of other animals and have been known to survive up to a year without a meal.
- Nocturnal: Bed bugs tend to be active at night when their host meal is asleep and tucked in to a nice warm bed.
- Bed Bug Bites: Bites from bed bugs can leave itchy, red bumps on your skin and can even cause allergic reactions in some people.
- Do-it-yourself ineffectiveness: Not only are bed bugs better at hiding than you are at finding them, but female bed bugs lay eggs every single day.
Let Legacy Pest Control Put Bed Bug Infestations to Rest For Good
Bed bugs were almost eliminated around World War II, however, the resurgence of bed bugs has been dramatic in recent years. Bed Bugs can be picked up practically anywhere, and they have nothing to do with the cleanliness of your home. They are known to infest the cleanest Utah homes, 5-star hotels, and businesses alike. Worldwide surges in bed bugs have been attributed to the increase of human travelers who pick them up in their luggage, hotel beds, and other furniture. Once they hitch a ride back to your home, they can be extremely difficult to control.
Frequently Asked Questions on Bed Bug
- Bed bugs found in the creases of button-tufted mattresses, in folds of blankets or sheets, behind the headboard, under lamps on the nightstands, or elsewhere near the bed.
- Dark red spots in the room from their blood-filled excreted fecal matter
- The exoskeletons of bed bugs from molting
Tips to Avoid Bringing Bed Bugs Into Your Home
Bed bugs can be extremely difficult to eliminate once they infest your home. Therefore, prevention is key. Here are some tips on how to avoid bringing bed bugs into your home:
- Inspect Used Items: Whether it’s a piece of furniture or clothing, inspect it thoroughly for any signs of bed bugs before bringing it into your home. Look for live bugs, shed skins, or small dark spots on the surface.
- Check Hotel Rooms: When traveling, inspect your hotel room thoroughly for bed bugs before settling in. Look for signs of bed bugs around the bed, such as on the mattress, headboard, and sheets.
- Avoid Clutter: Bed bugs love to hide in clutter, so keep your home tidy and organized to reduce hiding spots. Avoid leaving clothes, bags, and other items on the floor or bed.
- Use Protective Covers: Encase your mattresses, box springs, and pillows in protective covers to prevent bed bugs from getting inside.
- Be Cautious With Second-Hand Furniture: If you’re buying used furniture, make sure to inspect it thoroughly for bed bugs before bringing it into your home. Consider buying from a reputable source to reduce the risk of infestation.
By following these simple tips, you can reduce the risk of bringing bed bugs into your home. If you do suspect a bed bug infestation, contact a pest control professional immediately to address the problem before it gets worse.
Affordable Bed Bug Extermination in Ogden and Salt Lake City, Utah
Legacy Pest Control is a leading pest control service in northern Utah. Our pest control experts are available 24/7 to provide emergency pest control services and preventative pest control services. We offer bed bug pest control in Salt Lake, Weber, Davis, Utah, Cache, and Morgan Counties.
Most Effective Bed Bug Treatment in Ogden UT
We are a leading pest control service in Ogden and the greater Salt Lake area. Our experts are available 24/7 to provide assistance in any pest control emergency, or to schedule services. We offer bed bug pest control in Salt Lake City, Ogden and Weber, Davis, Utah, Cache, and Morgan Counties.
Call us at Legacy Pest Control at (801) 779-3131, or contact us on our website for information or to schedule service at your home or business.
Legacy Pest Control Bed Bugs Pest Control Gallery
North Salt Lake City