Click to jump to section:
As colder weather sets in, a new population of wintertime house and lawn pests begin their move into your heated home. Meanwhile, some damaging lawn pests go underground and wait to reemerge and ravenously eat your grass in spring, killing off large swaths of your lawn. The best winter pest control tips to stop yard pests like lawn grubs and prevent spiders, roaches, mice, mosquitoes, bedbugs, and other highly resilient house pests from infesting your home this winter include these key dos and don’ts:
Do’s and Don’ts for Winter Season Pest Control!
Here’s a list of wintertime pest control dos and don’ts to help you keep pests out of your house and lawn during the cold weather months. These tips can work well under average circumstances to help control indoor pests. But, if you are having persistent pest problems in and/or around your home, it may be time to reach out for professional pest control help.
- Do keep trash cans empty, washed, and dry inside and out, and wash the lids.
- Do wipe down kitchen countertops and handles after each use when handling foods.
- Do dispose of over-ripe vegetables and fruits.
- Do keep all foods sealed in containers.
- Do trim back shrubs and plants nearest to your home’s exterior. Remove fallen leaves.
- Do treat the best indoor hiding places for pests with green pest control applications, as needed.
- Do have preparatory winter bug barrier treatment of your lawn perimeter.
- Do replace worn weather-stripping around doors and windows.
- Do caulk around exterior openings for plumbing lines, etc.
- Do have seasonal treatment for destructive lawn beetles to stop grubs in spring.
- Do clean out landscaping debris from the guttering.
- Do correct drainage, as needed, to divert rainwater away from your home’s foundation.
- Do keep your attic and basement or crawlspace dry and thoroughly ventilated.
- Do keep the kitchen and bathrooms well ventilated.
- Do contact a professional exterminator if there is an infestation in your home or yard.
- Don’t leave garbage can lids askew or leave cans full.
- Don’t leave rotting pumpkins on your porch or in your yard.
- Don’t leave pet food containers unwashed on the floor after pets are fed.
- Don’t leave sugar particles on floors or kitchen workspaces after baking.
- Don’t leave any dirty dishes or cooking utensils in the sink.
- Don’t disregard winter protections against the emergence of destructive lawn grubs in spring.
- Don’t stack firewood against your porch or house.
- Don’t leave narrow crevices or cracks uncaulked around the house foundation.
- Don’t neglect the need for a lawn bug barrier to prevent the migration of pests indoors.
- Don’t leave leaves or other lawn debris to rot, mold, or harbor moisture on your property.
- Don’t allow high humidity in your home.
- Don’t attempt to treat a pest infestation without a pest control professional.
For a Pest-Free Winter, Call Legacy Pest Control!
With the onset of colder temperatures, common house pests try relentlessly to get into your home and some destructive lawn pests hibernate in the soil of your lawn. Legacy Pest Control, Salt Lake City, Utah, is the area’s best provider of pest control intervention for maximum safety and effectiveness in eliminating infestations of winter insects in and around houses and businesses.
We use only all-natural, child-safe, pet-safe, environmentally safe materials that are highly effective for all types of Utah pest control needs. We can provide single, multiple, or routine treatments for residential or commercial pest control.
- Our pest control specialists are available 24/7 for urgent pest control needs.
- Legacy offers affordable pricing for our pest control services.
- We offer military discounts.
- We offer special coupons to help you save even more on our services.
Call Legacy Pest Control, Salt Lake City, UT, at (801) 779-3131, or contact us online to get an estimate for insect pest control or other needs to eliminate seasonal or other infestations in your home or business.
Pests can hide in the most unusual places in your home. The issue with them is that they can pose a health threat and even make a bad impression on your guests. They are not easy to spot because pests such as rodents are nocturnal. These can cause havoc and bring diseases to your home.
Among essential aspects to check for pests, this coming festive season would be the holiday décor. Why? It’s because most of these décor types sit for several months before being used again. If you need residential pest control Utah, we have many useful solutions available in the store.
Pets come in many shapes and forms and one of the most common issues involves dust mites. When it comes to dust mite pest control, the team from Legacy Pest Control is here to help you. Some of the key facts regarding dust mites include:
With the holidays coming up quickly, it is important for everyone to make sure that their home is ready for all of the celebrations. One of the most commonly overlooked issues that homeowners have to deal with involves pests. When it comes to pet-proofing your home for the holidays, there are a few key tips to keep in mind.
Rodent infestations often go overlooked because these critters are small and know how to hide. The good news is that there are ways that you can spot a rodent infestation without actually having to spot the rodents themselves. You simply have to know what to look for. The sooner you are able to spot a rodent infestation, the faster they can be exterminated. This could help you save thousands of dollars in potential home repair bills. There are a few tips that you should follow when it comes to spotting a rodent infestation.
Bed bugs are small, brown insects that look like ovals. They live by feeding on the blood of animals or humans. Bed bugs size is usually about the size of an apple or lemon seed. After bed bugs have a blood meal, their bodies can swell dramatically and they turn from brown to red.
While bed bugs do not fly, they can move quickly. They are small and hard to spot, so they move quickly throughout floors, walls, and ceilings. Females can lay hundreds of bed bugs eggs at a time. Because they are the size of a speck of dust, they are even harder to spot. For those wondering, “where do bed bugs come from,” the answer is that they come from other infested areas, entering the home on furniture, backpacks, purses, or luggage. This mode of transmission is the main answer to, “what causes bed bugs.” If you are wondering how to check for bed bugs, there are a few signs that you should spot.
When pests invade your home or business, you want them gone and gone now. That’s why you should call on an exterminator you can trust. In Utah, Legacy Pest Control has the experts that are available 24/7 to deal with unwanted insects, spiders, and rodents.
Dealing with pests in your Cache County home? Let us get that problem under control and keep it that way.
Termites can cause serious damage to your home or business. In severe cases, your building or residence could become unsafe due to structural problems, so it’s important to prevent this from occurring. Whether you need residential or commercial termite control services in Utah, keep the following in mind for things you should and shouldn’t do when dealing with these pests.
Everybody likes to go indoors in the winter, and that includes winter pests. It’s cold outside and there’s not enough out there to eat. But inside your snug, comfortable home there’s plenty for unwanted visitors to munch on. To avoid the contamination and property damage these invaders cause, call on the pest control services of Legacy Pest Control. We’ve been serving northern Utah for more than 15 years. We employ safe, guaranteed, effective methods to eliminate pests, and we’ll also inspect your home and help you keep them out.