Squirrel Pest Control and Extermination in Utah
Most people like squirrels… in Utah’s parks and forests. On your property in Ogden or Salt Lake City, it’s a whole different story, as squirrels will chew through wires, they can bite when cornered, and they love digging up your landscaping and stripping trees of their bark. In the wild, squirrels play a critical role in our eco-system, but on private property, they can be a nuisance, and if not addressed quickly, they may become a very expensive nuisance.
We at Legacy Pest Control want to put our fifteen plus years of experience to work in helping you before that happens, removing a squirrel infestation and preventing them from settling in again. The sooner you get in touch with us about squirrel control in Utah, the fewer damages you’re going to have to repair.
Why Choose Legacy Pest Control for Squirrel Removal?
When you Googled “pest removal squirrels” and then refined your search to “squirrel pest control near me,” you probably turned up plenty of results, so why go with Legacy Pest Control as your squirrel exterminator in Utah?
A few reasons we think we might be just what you’re looking for:
- We boast more than a decade and a half of experience exterminating all kinds of pests in Utah.
- We offer military discounts, and we run additional deals from time to time as well.
- All of our pest control services are kid-safe, pet-safe, and environment-friendly.
- We cover commercial and residential properties and offer quarterly pest control checkups
How to Get Rid of Squirrels
Except in specific cases, squirrel pest control isn’t typically handled with poisons and sprays. Generally, you’re going to get rid of squirrels with humane traps so that they can be captured and released into the wild. It’s usually going to be cleaner, safer, and more humane to handle squirrels in this manner.
But, squirrel removal, whether we’re talking about how to get rid of ground squirrels or how to get rid of squirrels in the attic, is only the first step. Once you’ve cleared them out, you need to keep them out. Squirrels will set up shop on your property because it’s attractive real estate for squirrels. If one family of squirrels think your place looks cozy, then another family of squirrels is likely to arrive at the same conclusion, so an integral part of our pest control services at Legacy Pest Control is going to be helping you to keep the squirrels out once they’re gone.
You don’t want to be calling a squirrel removal company in Utah once a month, so there are a few things you’ll want to do to keep your home rodent-free:
- Set up traps around your property. They might find their way into your yard or your walls, but you’ll be able to catch them before they can get used to the place.
- Replace any affected insulation. If a squirrel finds a stash of nuts and a nice ready-made nest, they’ll seize on the opportunity to skip all that foraging for Winter and kick up their heels inside your walls. It’s a good idea to replace the insulation anyways simply because squirrels have a habit of chewing right through it, making it hard to keep your home warm come, Winter.
- Use one-way screens and vents to keep squirrels out of your home.
Squirrel Removal and Extermination with Legacy Pest Control in Utah
Squirrel infestations are a problem that gets more troublesome and more expensive to fix for every day it is left unchecked. Our crew is fully certified, and more than qualified to fix your squirrel problem before you wind up having to replace all of your electrical wiring or insulation. Get in touch with us at Legacy Pest Control, we’ll set you up with a free bid and get the critters out of your home as soon as we can.