Stink Bugs Pest Control & Extermination Services
Our mission is to provide our customers with effective and affordable residential and commercial pest control administered safely and efficiently. We use all-natural environmentally-friendly pest control products. All of our commercial and residential pest control and extermination products are entirely safe for children and pet animals.
Call Legacy Pest Control at 801-779-3131 to schedule an appointment for service, or use our online service request option.
Request FREE Stink Bugs Inspection
Stink Bug Pest Control Utah
Legacy Pest Control is a family-owned Utah service business. Our Utah pest control experts are available 24/7 to take incoming emergency calls, provide guidance, and schedule service. We provide single-treatment or multiple-treatment solutions, as needed, and longer-term pest control plans for both residential and commercial customers.
Stink Bug Identification and Pest Control Facts
Stink Bugs, also called Shield Bugs, is a species of the Pentatomidae family, which is of the Hemiptera order. Stink Bugs are found in a variety of colors and sizes. Their distinctive shape, however, appears to be consistent across the numerous variations of Stink Bug subspecies. The body is a wide triangular shape, with wings shaped like a shield, instead of like more typical elongated insect wings.
- Entry: Stink Bugs enter through open doorways and windows and crevices. One bug may enter, or larger numbers of Stink Bugs may enter together. They typically gather in obscure areas such as under a couch or bed, between furniture and walls, in an attic, etc.
- Problem type: Stink Bugs do not appear to bite or cause structural damage to buildings. They do significant damage to food crops, however, and they cause allergic reactions in people with sensitivity to them.
- Preferred diet: Stink Bugs feed on apples, peaches, citrus fruits, beans, corn, soybeans, and other fruits and vegetables, and are even known to feed on cotton and various field crops. These dietary habits make Stink Bugs major agricultural pests throughout the U.S., sometimes destroying entire crops of produce.
- Value: Some Stink Bug species, such as the rough Stink Bug is recognized by gardeners as a beneficial insect, because they eat beetles and caterpillars, among other bugs. Home gardeners make efforts to attract Stink Bugs, to help control these and other insect species that are damaging to garden plants.
- DIY Stink Bug Control Measures: Eradicating Stink Bugs from an area is known to be very difficult. You can sweep a Stink Bug into a dustpan and carry it away from your home, but be careful not to crush the bug, in order to avoid the extreme foul odor they emit when they sense a threat.
Frequently Asked Questions About Stink Bugs
- Seal tightly around windows and doors.
- Cover vents with screens, and close gaps around plumbing pipe entries.
- Seal around entries to crawl spaces, cap the fireplace chimney top, or cover it with screen.
- Keep weeds and other vegetation and debris away from the foundation of your house.
- Routinely inspect the perimeter of your house’s foundation, and seal all crevices.
- Have vegetation around the exterior of your home or business treated by a professional pest control service.
For More Information about Stink Bugs Pest Control & Extermination Services
For more details about exterminating Stink Bugs, or to schedule an appointment for pest control service, call Legacy Pest Control at 801-779-3131, or use our online service request option.