4 Tips To Spot a Rodent Infestation
Rodent infestations often go overlooked because these critters are small and know how to hide. The good news is that there are ways that you can spot a rodent infestation without actually having to spot the rodents themselves. You simply have to know what to look for. The sooner you are able to spot a rodent infestation, the faster they can be exterminated. This could help you save thousands of dollars in potential home repair bills. There are a few tips that you should follow when it comes to spotting a rodent infestation.
Look for Rodent Droppings
Like all living creatures, rodents have to poop as well. While rodents themselves like to hide from potential danger, they still leave droppings around the places they hide. Some of the most common places you might spot rodent droppings include:
- Near food packages, particularly if they are feeding on them
- Inside of drawers and cupboards, where they like to hide in the darkness
- Underneath the sink, where they like to bury themselves in the corners
If you spot small black or brown pellets in these locations, this could mean that you have a rodent infestation. It is time to call the professionals for help.
Spot Nesting Material
Rodents like to make nests to keep themselves warm. If you spot what looks like garbage balled up in a corner, this could be a sign that a rodent has made its nest in this location. Some of the most common materials that rodents will use for nesting material includes:
- Paper that they have shredded into small pieces and balled up into a nest
- Small pieces of fabric that they might have taken out of clothing and towels
- Dried plant matter that they could have dragged in from outside
If you spot signs of a rodent nest, you should contact a professional immediately to make sure the problem is dealt with properly.
Holes That Have Been Chewed Through Walls and Floors
Furthermore, the rodents have to get into your house somehow. Usually, they enter the home by chewing holes through walls and floors. Often, these holes are spotted underneath the bottoms of drawers and cabinets between the bottom of the cupboard and the floor. Sometimes, you might not spot these holes unless you bend over. If you notice there are holes in the floors and walls, these could be rodent entry points.
Signs That Food Packages Have Been Chewed Through
Rodents have to eat. Often, they will turn to your food packages for sustenance. If you notice that there are holes in your food packages, don’t eat them. Simply ball them up and throw them away. There could be a rodent in the package. There could also be rodent droppings in the package. This would be hazardous to your health. Call the professionals for help.
Contact Legacy Pest Control Services for Rodent Extermination Services
If you have a rodent infestation, then you need to rely on professional pest control services for help. At Legacy Pest Control, we have the expertise to handle all of your rodent extermination needs. Call us today to learn more about our services!
Latest posts by Legacy Pest Control (see all)
- Bee Exterminator Experts: Legacy Pest Control’s Buzz-Worthy Solutions - May 17, 2023
- Top 5 Home Pest Control Services: How Legacy Pest Control Outperforms the Rest - April 21, 2023
- When Should You Use a Fumigation Tent for Pest Control? - February 24, 2023