Getting a Termite Inspection Before Buying A Home
A termite inspection could prove critically important to your property. It can uncover signs of termite infestation and possibly save the foundation of your home. An inspector will ask you about the home’s history, any pest treatments being used, and other issues. Legacy Pest Control can perform termite and other pest inspections at your convenience; just give us a call and we will schedule an appointment that fits your schedule.
What Does a Termite Inspection Consist of?
Once you have discussed your home’s history with the termite inspector, he will begin inspecting the home for signs of termites.
- The inspection will likely start at or near the front door. It will include checking each room for signs of a termite infestation or decay. In particular, they will inspect door frames, wall surfaces, floors, ceilings, baseboards and raised areas.
- The inspector might check underneath peeling wallpaper or any other areas where termites tend to hang out. A thorough inspection also involves checking exit holes and cracks along window sills and door frames.
- Homes with linoleum flooring will be inspected for soft spots that are evidence of wood damage commonly caused by termites.
- The inspector will use a sounding tool to uncover hollowed-out spaces within wood surfaces. As he taps the structure’s wood, he will be able to hear certain sounds if the wood is damaged.
- He will check along the home’s interior, exterior and the attic for signs of termites.
- Give him enough time to take a look at the roof rafters that provide support for the home’s roof sheathing as well.
- The inspector will even inspect along the crawl space (if there is one) to assess damage of wood beams, pipes, foundation walls, floor joists etc.
How Serious is Termite Damage?
Termites are found in 49 of the 50 states. One of the worst aspects of a termite infestation is that they actually cause a lot of damage before it is visible or noticeable in any fashion. This is precisely why you need a team of pest prevention professionals to conduct a comprehensive home inspection today. You just might find that your home has thousands of termites eating away at the foundation of your living space. Foundation repairs can run anywhere from hundreds, to tens of thousands of dollars. An annual termite and pest evaluation really will help spot signs of an infestation and prevent the problem from spiraling out of control. It is worth pointing out that if our team finds signs of termites and / or termite damage, it should not preclude you from bidding on a home. It is just another factor to keep in mind when negotiating a home sale.
Legacy Pest Control is the Ally You Need in Your Battle Against Bugs
Legacy Pest Control is here to solve your termite problems. You can trust our team to perform a thorough inspection of your property to determine if there is any evidence of a termite infestation. We also offer an array of other pest control services for your home or office. Contact us here, or give us a call at 801-779-3131 today to schedule an appointment.
Download a PDF Version of This Web Page
Latest posts by Legacy Pest Control (see all)
- When Should You Use a Fumigation Tent for Pest Control? - February 24, 2023
- Prevent Christmas Tree Insect Pests - December 16, 2022
- Small Business Saturday: Support Local Utah Pest Control Company - October 18, 2022