Pest control is vital for restaurants. It only takes a small infestation to create a huge issue, which can lead to your establishment failing inspection, and, in some cases, being shut down. The professionals at Legacy Pest Control have experience in helping to keep your restaurant pest free.
What Pests Are Attracted to Restaurants?
Restaurants have a particular risk for certain pests because of the sheer volume and variety of food present, and because of the kitchen systems and plumbing that can attract certain insects and other vermin. Cockroaches are, of course, always a concern. Roaches carry bacteria and a terrible reputation – if one customer sees a roach in the dining room, then your reputation can drop to match it. Flies actually cause worse problems, but there is something about roaches that puts people off.
Restaurant kitchens also attract drain flies. They breed in the sink drains, especially when food and waste oil are disposed of. Fruit attracts fruit flies, other food attracts things like flour beetles, bean weevils and meal moths, and everything attracts ants. Even worse are rodents, which can get through amazingly small holes from neighboring buildings and, in addition to carrying a host of diseases can bite through pipes and electrical cables.
Preventative Pest Control in Restaurants
You can deal with many of these pests by keeping all food in air tight containers when not in use. All food packages should be carefully inspected on arrival as some pests can actually lurk in opened packages. Keeping the place clean is important, especially inside cabinets and other hard to reach spaces. Always use trash can liners, and have employees take out the trash as soon as the bins are full. Store dry food off the ground so rodents cannot reach it. Cleaning up spills immediately and regularly running biological drain cleaner down the drains to remove organic material are great habits to get into that can help minimize the risk of an infestation.
Four Reasons to Choose Legacy Pest Control
- We have 15 years of experience in commercial pest control. As a local company, we know exactly which pests are most common in the area and how to deal with them.
- We only use methods and chemicals chosen to be safe around humans and pets. You don’t want your customers getting sick from the cure to the problem.
- Our treatment plans are tailored to your needs: To the pests that cause you the most problems, the foods you use, and your kitchen’s design. If needed, we also offer a quarterly maintenance plan.
- We start by offering a free inspection, so if you are not sure where pests are coming from, or even what kind of pest you have, you lose nothing by calling us to take a look.
Legacy is your go-to company for restaurant pest problems in Northern Utah. We have years of experience in freeing your kitchen from vermin. On top of that, we have experience helping other types of businesses with pest control, including daycare facilities, offices and even medical manufacturing facilities. We also provide residential services at a reasonable cost, including checking for nesting wasps and dealing with bed bugs. Contact Legacy Pest Control today at 801-779-3131 and schedule a free inspection to help keep your restaurant pest-free.
Latest posts by Legacy Pest Control (see all)
- Small Business Saturday: Support Local Utah Pest Control Company - October 18, 2022
- It’s Grasshopper Season in Utah! - August 19, 2022
- Do Termites Live in Winter? - November 2, 2021