Do’s and Don’ts for Winter Pest Control
Click to jump to section:
- Do’s for Winter Season Pest Control
- Don’ts for Winter Season Pest Control
- Call For a Pest-Free Winter
As colder weather sets in, a new population of wintertime house and lawn pests begin their move into your heated home. Meanwhile, some damaging lawn pests go underground and wait to reemerge and ravenously eat your grass in spring, killing off large swaths of your lawn. The best winter pest control tips to stop yard pests like lawn grubs and prevent spiders, roaches, mice, mosquitoes, bedbugs, and other highly resilient house pests from infesting your home this winter include these key dos and don’ts:
Do’s and Don’ts for Winter Season Pest Control!
Here’s a list of wintertime pest control dos and don’ts to help you keep pests out of your house and lawn during the cold weather months. These tips can work well under average circumstances to help control indoor pests. But, if you are having persistent pest problems in and/or around your home, it may be time to reach out for professional pest control help.
- Do keep trash cans empty, washed, and dry inside and out, and wash the lids.
- Do wipe down kitchen countertops and handles after each use when handling foods.
- Do dispose of over-ripe vegetables and fruits.
- Do keep all foods sealed in containers.
- Do trim back shrubs and plants nearest to your home’s exterior. Remove fallen leaves.
- Do treat the best indoor hiding places for pests with green pest control applications, as needed.
- Do have preparatory winter bug barrier treatment of your lawn perimeter.
- Do replace worn weather-stripping around doors and windows.
- Do caulk around exterior openings for plumbing lines, etc.
- Do have seasonal treatment for destructive lawn beetles to stop grubs in spring.
- Do clean out landscaping debris from the guttering.
- Do correct drainage, as needed, to divert rainwater away from your home’s foundation.
- Do keep your attic and basement or crawlspace dry and thoroughly ventilated.
- Do keep the kitchen and bathrooms well ventilated.
- Do contact a professional exterminator if there is an infestation in your home or yard.
- Don’t leave garbage can lids askew or leave cans full.
- Don’t leave rotting pumpkins on your porch or in your yard.
- Don’t leave pet food containers unwashed on the floor after pets are fed.
- Don’t leave sugar particles on floors or kitchen workspaces after baking.
- Don’t leave any dirty dishes or cooking utensils in the sink.
- Don’t disregard winter protections against the emergence of destructive lawn grubs in spring.
- Don’t stack firewood against your porch or house.
- Don’t leave narrow crevices or cracks uncaulked around the house foundation.
- Don’t neglect the need for a lawn bug barrier to prevent the migration of pests indoors.
- Don’t leave leaves or other lawn debris to rot, mold, or harbor moisture on your property.
- Don’t allow high humidity in your home.
- Don’t attempt to treat a pest infestation without a pest control professional.
For a Pest-Free Winter, Call Legacy Pest Control!
With the onset of colder temperatures, common house pests try relentlessly to get into your home and some destructive lawn pests hibernate in the soil of your lawn. Legacy Pest Control, Salt Lake City, Utah, is the area’s best provider of pest control intervention for maximum safety and effectiveness in eliminating infestations of winter insects in and around houses and businesses.
We use only all-natural, child-safe, pet-safe, environmentally safe materials that are highly effective for all types of Utah pest control needs. We can provide single, multiple, or routine treatments for residential or commercial pest control.
- Our pest control specialists are available 24/7 for urgent pest control needs.
- Legacy offers affordable pricing for our pest control services.
- We offer military discounts.
- We offer special coupons to help you save even more on our services.
Call Legacy Pest Control, Salt Lake City, UT, at (801) 779-3131, or contact us online to get an estimate for insect pest control or other needs to eliminate seasonal or other infestations in your home or business.
Latest posts by Legacy Pest Control (see all)
- Bee Exterminator Experts: Legacy Pest Control’s Buzz-Worthy Solutions - May 17, 2023
- Top 5 Home Pest Control Services: How Legacy Pest Control Outperforms the Rest - April 21, 2023
- When Should You Use a Fumigation Tent for Pest Control? - February 24, 2023