Pests can hide in the most unusual places in your home. The issue with them is that they can pose a health threat and even make a bad impression on your guests. They are not easy to spot because pests such as rodents are nocturnal. These can cause havoc and bring diseases to your home.
Among essential aspects to check for pests, this coming festive season would be the holiday décor. Why? It’s because most of these décor types sit for several months before being used again. If you need residential pest control Utah, we have many useful solutions available in the store.
Tips to Consider
You can keep your home pest-free if you are well informed, and many pest control companies in Utah know this aspect. So, before you deck the halls, ensure you check these components for the presence of pests.
Garlands might look appealing over the door, seats, tables, and more. However, since most people make these garlands using different materials, they are likely to be a hub for pets. You may have to check inside the garlands and perhaps have them cleaned before setting them up over your doors.
Christmas Trees are Also Notorious
Whether they are live or natural Christmas trees, always remember that it can sometimes haul pests such as rodents to your house. Try and shake the Christmas tree thoroughly before using it for decor. Plus, consider leaving it outdoors on the patio if possible. Doing so will provide you with sufficient time to investigate and clean the tree.
Remember Lighting Fixtures
Since lighting fixtures might sit for many months without use, they might harbor pests. You may have to check the fixtures before installing them indoors. Some pests such as rodents are destructive and can even chew the power lines leading to further damage.
Tips for Preventing Pests Before Decking the Halls
Keeping pets away from your Christmas decor can be a simple task. Below are a few critical tips once this season is over:
- Store the décor in a cool, dry place – most pests such as mites and fleas like places that are relatively warm or moist. Keeping your décor in a cool and dry place might help reduce their proliferation.
- Avoid keeping them close to food – pests such as rodents and fleas like compact spaces to hide and Christmas décor are good examples. Store your décor away from places such as the kitchen or pet feed area.
- Disinfect and check them before installation – you can never really be 100% sure your décor is free from pests. Before setting them up this Christmas, have a deep look at them and then disinfect using pesticides.
Contact Legacy Pest Control
Pests can bring various challenges to your festive season this year. However, it’s possible to avoid such an issue by being informed and choosing the right solutions. Legacy Pest Control is an excellent solution because we have trained professionals, and we use proprietary techniques to make your home pest-free again. We recommend that you get in touch with us if you ever need guaranteed pest control in Utah.
Latest posts by Legacy Pest Control (see all)
- Prevent Christmas Tree Insect Pests - December 16, 2022
- Small Business Saturday: Support Local Utah Pest Control Company - October 18, 2022
- It’s Grasshopper Season in Utah! - August 19, 2022